Topic: Expository Scripture: Exodus 34:29–34:35
The following study guide is to be used to discuss the Friday, April 5, 2019 sermon.
Study Guide – Exodus 34:29-35
READ Exodus 34:29-35
- Why was Moses’ face shining when he came down from the mountain?
- Why were Aaron and all the people afraid to come near to Moses in verse 30?
- What is the significance of Moses putting a veil over his face?
- What is similar about this Exodus story and the transfiguration of Jesus in Matthew 17:1-11? What is different?
- For us Christians, our faces do not literally shine today. What does it mean for us to shine like Moses and show people the glory of God?
- What are the differences between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant?
- Out of the 2 Corinthians passage, what are our responses to being without a veil and under the New Covenant?
- How can your life group encourage each other to be more like Christ?
- How can you be bolder this week in your approach to God’s throne and to others?