|The Global Pastoral Apprenticeship program at Evangelical Community Church exists to equip aspiring pastors from the Global South and the 10/40 Window to further the gospel globally through planting and strengthening healthy local churches.|
The GPA is a 10-month residency program (September to June) at Evangelical Community Church (ECC). The apprenticeship focuses on three major areas:
- Biblical and Theological Clarity in Church Ministry
- Extensive reading and discussions
- Hands-on instruction in exegesis, theology, preaching, worship, and shepherding
- Mentoring in Pastoral Ministry
- Attending elder, staff, pastoral and service review meetings
- Participation in a range of church ministries, including home Bible studies
- Hands-on ministry experience, as appropriate for each apprentice
- Assessment of apprentices
- Mentoring and feedback from staff pastors, lay pastors, and members of the congregation
ECC will provide the following to apprentices during the program:
- a monthly stipend
- a round-trip plane ticket from the apprentice's home country
- UAE health insurance
- UAE visa
- any books or class fees required by the GPA
Please note: ECC makes no financial commitment to the apprentices at the end of the 10-month program. ECC does not commit to supporting apprentices in ministry after the program, to helping them find work, or to providing them with a visa to stay in the UAE after the 10-month program ends.
Applicants must be men who are born-again followers of Jesus Christ and who are exploring pastoral ministry or church planting. Priority is given to applicants from the 10/40 region, especially the Middle East and North Africa. Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to function comfortably in the program (as determined by ECC).
The applications for the GPA Year 2022-23 are closed.