The Global Pastoral Apprenticeship (GPA) exists to assess and equip
potential pastors, especially from the “10/40 Window” and the
Middle East/North Africa regions, for the furtherance of the gospel globally.
Now accepting 2021-2022 applications!
The GPA is a 10-month residency program (September to June) at Evangelical Community Church (ECC). The apprenticeship focuses on three major areas:
- Biblical and theological knowledge
- Reading books and writing papers
- Attending classes and seminars at ECC and elsewhere
- Exposure to pastoral ministry
- Attending elder, staff, pastoral and service review meetings
- Participation in a range of church ministries, including home Bible studies
- Hands-on ministry experience, as appropriate for each apprentice
- Assessment of apprentices
- Mentoring and feedback by pastors and elders
ECC will provide the following to apprentices during the program:
- a monthly stipend
- a round-trip plane ticket from the apprentice's home country
- UAE health insurance
- UAE visa
- any books or class fees required by the GPA
Please note: ECC makes no financial commitment to the apprentices at the end of the 10-month program. ECC does not commit to supporting apprentices in ministry after the program, to helping them find work, or to providing them with a visa to stay in the UAE after the 10-month program ends. Unfortunately, ECC is unable to sponsor wives or children.
Applicants must be men who are born-again followers of Jesus Christ and who are exploring pastoral ministry or church planting. Priority is given to applicants from the 10/40 region, and especially the Middle East and North Africa. Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to function comfortably in the program (as determined by ECC).
To apply, please submit the following items here: go.eccad.org/gpa-application
- a cover letter introducing yourself
- your CV, including education, work and ministry experience
- a statement describing how you came to repent and believe in Jesus
- a statement explaining why you are applying for the GPA
ECC is an English-speaking, international church located in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Over a thousand people from scores of countries worship at ECC each week. The church has three full-time paid pastors and nine non-paid pastors (elders), as well as other church staff. The church is evangelical and non-denominational. For more information about the ECC, please look through our website or follow the church on Facebook.