Applications for GPA 2023-2024
are now closed.
|The Global Pastoral Apprenticeship program at Evangelical Community Church exists to equip aspiring pastors from the Global South and the 10/40 Window to further the gospel globally through planting and strengthening healthy local churches.|
The GPA is a 10-month residency program (August to June) at Evangelical Community Church (ECC). The apprenticeship focuses on three major areas:
- Biblical and Theological Clarity in Church Ministry
- Extensive reading and discussions
- Hands-on instruction in exegesis, theology, preaching, worship, and shepherding
- Mentoring in Pastoral Ministry
- Attending elder, staff, pastoral and service review meetings
- Participation in a range of church ministries, including home Bible studies
- Hands-on ministry experience, as appropriate for each apprentice
- Assessment of apprentices
- Mentoring and feedback from staff pastors, lay pastors, and members of the congregation
ECC will provide the following to apprentices during the program:
- a monthly stipend
- a round-trip plane ticket from the apprentice's home country
- UAE health insurance
- UAE visa
- any books or class fees required by the GPA
Please note: ECC makes no financial commitment to the apprentices at the end of the 10-month program. ECC does not commit to supporting apprentices in ministry after the program, to helping them find work, or to providing them with a visa to stay in the UAE after the 10-month program ends.
Applicants must be men who are born-again followers of Jesus Christ and who are exploring pastoral ministry or church planting. Priority is given to applicants from the 10/40 region, especially the Middle East and North Africa. Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to function comfortably in the program (as determined by ECC).