ECC MEMBERSHIP COVENANT
Having been brought by God’s grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we solemnly and joyfully confirm our covenant together as members of Evangelical Community Church:
- We will live together under the supreme authority of the Triune God, as revealed in the Bible and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We will gather together regularly to worship the Lord and hear his Word, as well as at other times for prayer, study, and mutual encouragement (Heb 10:25; Col 4:2; Jas 5:13–14).
- We will work together by the Holy Spirit’s power to promote a faithful gospel ministry in this church, sustaining its doctrines, ordinances, governance, and mission (Col 3:16; Gal 1:8–9; 2 Tim 4:2; Matt 28:18–20).
- We will cheerfully give of our talents, spiritual gifts, and resources for the work of this church, the relief of the poor among us, and the spread of the gospel to the nations (2 Cor 9:7–8; Gal 6:10).
- We will walk together in brotherly love by caring for one another, bearing one another’s burdens, and praying for each other. (1 Pet 3:8; Rom 12:10, 15; Gal 6:2) We will strive to keep the unity of the Spirit by pursuing reconciliation and forgiveness, resisting gossip and division, and welcoming one another’s loving discipline (Eph 4:3; Col 3:13; Gal 6:1; Matt 18:15–20; 1 Cor 5:1–11; Heb 3:12–13; 12:15–16).
- We will press on together toward maturity in holiness and godliness, resisting sin and worldly lusts, teaching and admonishing one another, and growing in Christ-like character through the power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God (Col 3:5, 16; Titus 2:12; 1 Pet 1:13–16).
- We will honor marriage as a sacred covenant between a man and a woman, and we will bring up children under our care in the nurture and training of the Lord (Eph 5:22–6:4; Heb 13:4).
- We will endeavor to reach others for Christ, living as ambassadors of the gospel for the glory of God (Col 4:5–6; 1 Pet 2:9).
- We will, when we depart from this congregation, seek membership in another gospel-proclaiming church where we will carry out our biblical responsibilities.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit enable us to keep these promises. Amen.