What To Expect?
Our worship gatherings are the highlight of our week at Evangelical Community Church. Our international family of believers comes together to worship the Lord Jesus Christ through prayer, singing, and hearing the Word of God preached. Maybe you’re wondering about some of the more practical questions like what should I wear, what happens when I arrive, and what will the service be like? Answers to these questions and more are below. But the best way to know what we're like is to just come and join us! We look forward to having you!
Time and Location
Sunday mornings at 10 am at The Evangelical Church Center (click here for the map).
What should I wear?
You are welcome to wear whatever helps you feel comfortable. At our church, people
dress in a wide range of style from formal to casual, and many wear their ethnic/cultural attire as well.
What happens when I arrive?
When you arrive at the church building, you will be welcomed by our friendly Marhaba team and they will show you to a seat.
What about my kids?
Children of all ages are encouraged to attend church with their parents. We have provided sermon notebooks for children of all ages and we hope to encourage kids to actively listen to the preaching. During the Fall and Spring, we offer two different classes for kids on Sunday mornings: Catechism for Kids ages 5-11 from 9 am to 10 am and Deep Down Detectives curriculum for ages 5-8 during the sermon hour. If you have younger children ages 0-4, you can bring them to the Nursery. For more information about the Kids Ministry activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens during the service?
Here is what we do:
- Preaching: We believe that God has instituted the preaching of His Word as the primary means by which we grow as disciples of Jesus (2 Cor 3:4–18). Therefore, the main focus in our worship gatherings is the expository preaching of the Bible. All of Scripture speaks of Jesus Christ. Therefore, our preaching aims to focus on the gospel of Jesus as we exposit, or “bring out”, the meaning of the biblical text and apply it to our everyday lives.
- Singing: We believe that God has blessed us with the gift of singing to praise Him from our hearts for His goodness and to encourage one another in our worship. Our singing is “congregational,” which means the main emphasis is on the voices of all God’s people praising Him together. In our songs, we declare the unchanging truths of the Bible whether through psalms and old hymns, or modern hymns and worship songs.
- Prayer: We spend significant time in our services seeking God in prayer. As we pray, we show our dependence on our heavenly Father. Through our prayers, we praise God for who He is, confess our sins, and cry out to Him for needs in our church, our lives, our country, and the world.
- Communion: We partake of the Lord's Supper as a congregation every first Sunday of the month. Our elders will distribute the elements during the communion part of the service.
- Offering: Of course, we recognize that there is nothing we can repay God for what He has given to us: the forgiveness of our sins and eternal life through Jesus Christ. However, we also seek to worship God by giving sacrificially and generously from what He has provided us, with a desire to see the gospel advance. The offering we take is meant as an act of worship on the part of members at ECC, so if you’re visiting, please feel no obligation to give!
What happens after the service?
We encourage visitors to stop by the Connect Hub which is beside the bookstore where you can meet and connect with some of our elders and members. You can also enjoy some refreshments while you are there!
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or send us a WhatsApp message at +971 50 834 6143.